Thursday, January 27, 2011

hick town

I don't know about you, but I'm getting very excited for spring. The weather is better, the clothes are better, you can be outside for more than 2 minutes straight (please don't bring up the week long negative wind chill we have coming this week to me). All in all, spring is great. Something I definitely am needing to get my hands on this upcoming spring is a Pierrepont Hicks tie, and their SS2011 collection is promising to be better than ever. Just check out the first tie they posted as a little mini "sneak peek"- called the "Buzzy," it comes in a great gingham print (I'm a sucker for gingham any season, just ask my closet) and at a great size- 3 inches is a perfect width if you want to look up-to-date and stylish but not like one of the members of Fall Out Boy. What do I love most about Pierrepont Hicks though? Not only do the founders, Mac and Kat, seem like the coolest people ever, but they're from my home city of Minneapolis. Gotta represent the Minnesota nice, and these ties are the perfect look for that spring internship you just got or the summer wedding you'll probably end up getting dragged to with your girlfriend. You can check out Pierrepont Hicks here, the full collection hits February 15th.

Fun fact: Even though it's not, the word "gingham" comes from the Malay word "ging-gang" which means striped.

No comments:

Post a Comment